The following is a post I made on my Facebook feed this afternoon (Jim):
RVA. Another recap. Our weather, 2016
1. January blizzard, or technically speaking "near" blizzard rarely seen quite like that around here. 14-19" commonly seen.
2. EXTREMELY rare February deadly tornado outbreak, worst on record for that month
3. Soaking record rainfalls much of the Spring. Over 30 inches before summer!
4. Near-record hot weather most of summer
5. Near-drought mid to late summer
6. Drenching rainy patterns re-emerge in September, culminating in end-of-month storms that alone brought several inches
7. Hurricane Matthew adds to the misery. Rainfall totals for the year now close to 50", and counting
8. Worst weather year I have seen in my 35 years here. What can possibly be next?